Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have not seen my little girls in 6 months. I have visitation but my ex will not follow the court order what can i do?

I have joint custody of my two little girls. my ex got remarried and will not let me around my girls. I have not do anything to him or to them so im tryin not to go to court because i dont have the money is there any other way to do it besides goin to court to see them?


Asked by need_help at 5:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You will have to file a motion to show cause or contempt and you dont need money for that. You can file on your own and go to the judge and show he isnt allowing visits. Then the judge will slap him with contempt of court, and possibly fines or even inprisonment if he proceeds to deny visitation. If you rack up enough contempts he can also lose custody of the kids because he is unable to allow a loving and open relationship with their mom.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • What she said above me. You can go to you the law library in your city (located in teh courthouse) and purchase a packet that has all the papers you need in it

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • I know here in Texas if you call the police they can arrest him for interference with a visitation order. Might call your local law enforcement agency and ask them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008