If it Harder for heavy breasted woman to breast feed??

breast feeding

Hfarabaugh

Asked by Hfarabaugh at 5:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never was for me. I dont think that has anything to do with it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm quite a bit overweight with large breasts and it went well for me with all 3 kids :-) I could never pump, though. I'm not sure if my breast size was the problem or something else.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 5:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When I had my 2nd son, I was a FFF and he weighed 4 lbs. I was able to breastfeed and pump without a problem, although there were some positions we couldn't use. Football hold worked very well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i had to pump and bottle feed because mine are very large.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 6:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have a hard time breast feeding -- my breasts are a K-cup right now and bigger then an L when I get my milk. My kids can't get a good "mouthful" to stimulate my milk to come down. With both children I used a nipple shield (from Medela) to give them a little something more to hold on to. I also have a hard time pumping - since they flanges for pumps are generally made to cup a "normal" sized breast. It can be challenging, but I was still able to feed both children the first 10 months.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When I have my milk, my breasts go up to an F cup which can be quite annoying. But, I never had any problems breast feeding because of it.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 6:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sometimes I felt like my baby had a hard time getting a mouthful when she was tiny tiny... it was like my nipples were the size of her whole face and her little mouth was just too tiny! And I was just a D when she was nursing... but it worked out.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I think it is because my friends with small boobs can walk around the house holding their baby in one arm...I can never only use one arm because one arm has to hold him and the other one has to either hold up the boob or keep it from blocking his nose. I always say I wish it was smaller and just stayed in one place so I could hold him in one arm and feed him.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• im in a bra size 38 j and its mot hard for me to breast feed i only have a problem holding my boob off him so i wont smother him
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm a 38 J and have no problems at all.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008