BOTTLE * a lil more INFO*

ok so im the one that has the 2 year old thats still on a bottle and its hard from to to take it away .... ok well let me just give u a lil more info on that !!! He brushes his teeth 3 times a day, he only wants it before bed and its only mike or water ! I did take it away about 3 months ago and he would go to bed at like 1 or 2 in the morning and then get up every hr.... so there was no sleep for either of us ! So i gave in at bed time and gave it to him !!!! Maybe i need to try to take it back again and it may work i dunno but thanx for everyone help ! I NEED IT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OH YEAH AND HE IS POTTY TRAINED DURING THE DAY .... AND IM GOING TO START AT NITE AS SOON AS THIS BOTTLE IS GONE
    Anonymous

• me being me,..my daughter is on a sippy cup day and night,..but during the day she occasionally has a bottle,.even at nite sometimes...if i take it away,..shes fine.no screams or tantrums.its just a way for her to calm down and get ready for quiet time.car rides she loves it.so i dont see a problem with the bottle.but thats just me.my brothe took a bottle till he was 4,..and hes 15 now and is fine,..has great teeth.my daughter is 19 months. so basicallly i dont think the bottle is THAT big a deal.
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It sounds more like he still needs a little filler in his tummy to get through the night. Have you tried just giving him some milk (or whatever) in a sippy before he goes to bed?

Just a thought.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You could try having a sippy cup of milk before bed and then when you put him down, let him have a sippy cup of water. If he's really thirsty he'll drink the water and if he still feels more comfortable fallilng asleep drinking something you don't have to worry about it harming his teeth.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Only offer him water in his *bottle.. I have been going through the same thing... only my daughter is 3 years old, and that has worked for me! She doesn't want just water in her *sippy, she wants the milk, and if I give her water in the sippy she just throws it,... and doesn't want the sippy ne more because she no longer recieves milk in it! She is doing just fine! Good luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• hey everyone i'm getting ready to start weaning my daugther off the bottes. she is 13 months but she is way behind for her age. she has the development of a 6-8 month old but she has to get off bottles to help her ears. So this weekend maybe full of screaming and crying, then after i'm done we will see how she is. please wish me luck thanks
    Bmw2014

Answer by Bmw2014 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I gradually started her on sippy cups. But she was off the bottle by 13 months.
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• WIth my daughter we switched her bottle to just at night and then while she was sleeping we switched her bottle for a sippy cup and after a while it worked. it was sneeky but sometimes you ahve to be alittle sneeky with younsters she is now 18 months old now and does great
    Elly219

Answer by Elly219 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008