Enfamil Next Step at 6 1/2 months?

Hi,
I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I ran out of Enfamil! So I opened the freebie can of Next Step- my son is 6/2 months, eats oatmeal with baby food for breakfast, mixed cereal with baby food for lunch and dinner, sometimes a straight half jar of fruit for dessert, and always with 4 oz of formula to wash it down. In between meals he'll have 6oz of formula.
I had to give him the Next Step a few times today-Enfamil won't answer if this was ok to do or not- will he be ok? He's acting fine...
Thanks!

MomShan2008

Asked by MomShan2008 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think in the short term it's is ok... but I would go get him regular formula ASAP. It isn't made for younger children... it won't have the same nutrition.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• He'll be fine. I wouldn't buy any more thought. It's supposedly designed for older babies and toddlers, even though there's no real reason for a toddler to be drinking formula at all unless under the advice of a pediatrician for some reason....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• get him the formula as soon as you can, their stomachs arent made to digest that kind of protein, and he will be missing a lot of the nutrients that he needs. also, the next step formula is useless when he gets older for transition to regular milk and you will be spending a lot of unnecesary money.
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 12:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2008