Copious amounts of white egg colored discharge after pelvic at 35 weeks. Increased pain and raw feeling, baby bearing down more...anyone??

Anyone else get this?? I don't assume it preceeds labor, but he spent much time in there, and I think he may have stripped my membranes. No blood though, thus far...apointment was not quite four hours ago.

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 6:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be your mucus plug-a gleatinous chunk of mucus, or the cork that seals the opening of the uterus becomes dislodged. It can happen a wekk or tow or an hour or two before labor begins. Also, vaginal discharge can increase and thinken at the end of pregnancy, Either way, it's important to keep yourself very hydrated. Make sure your bags are packed, your cell phone is charged, and you have your DRs # close at hand. Let your birthingpartner know also. and if you have a baby book, throw it your bag and give it to the nurse to add the baby's footprins when they do the official one!
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 6:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Any contractions? they may have stirred things up and started labor. Thats how mine started.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You should call , at least tomorrow, but right away if the pain is bad or you're having contractions.
    MommyLi288

Answer by MommyLi288 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It sounds like you might just be loosing some of your mucus plug. The same thing happened to me when I had my cervix checked at around 35 weeks or so. I would cll the doctor in the morning and talk to the nurse, just to reassure yourself.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 6:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I need a baby book, I can't believe I forgot. I lost my plug or thought so at 32 weeks. I need to pack my bag, baby's bag is packed. I am having some contractions now so I am going to stay up a bit longer and see what happens. I have had 3-4 in the last 20 minutes...but I haven't timed them. oohh this could be it...OUCH CONTRACTIONS!!!
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 10:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008