Am I too Young to have this baby?

Hey all! I am10 weeks pregnant and 26 years old. This wasan unexpected pregnancy resulting from one night with an old friend who came to visit me. I recently started dating a wonderful man and only just recently found out I was pregnant, He want to stay with me and support me whatever decision I make. He says he supports adoption the most and everyone keeps saying that's the best, but is it? I am 26, healthy, balanced,intelligent, don't drink very often, don't do drugs, don't smoke or party, I'm responsible and mature,have experience working with/teaching kids and love kids...don't get me wrong this was completely unexpected and it's scary thinking about being a parent for the first time...i have semi decent income and come from a wonderful supportive family? Is adoption really the right thing?? everyone keeps saying I'm too young and don't have the financial resources, but i want some other perspectives...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2011 in Adoption

• It's up to you. I was 22 when my son was born.. 26 isn't very young, but it depends on your life and what YOU want.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I don't think 26 is young at all....I thought you were going to say you were 15 or something. Adoption is an extremely hard decision to make and it seems like you're not 100% sure about it, you should do whatever YOU feel is right. Don't let other people's opinions take place here, this is a decision you(and you alone) will have to live with for the rest of your life. Good luck.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I support adoption often, but I couldnt imagine having my own childi in the world and theyre not mine. Especially if I was stable ba md able to take care of it. Im sorry, but we all know sex can lead to babies.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• by young i was expecting to see 12 years old. i had my 1st @ 24 and i think it was the right time for me. dont let ANYONE else make choices for you, you can consult them but it is your decision to make. if adoption is an option then keep it in mind. but all in all, NO 26 is not to young to be a mother. good luck
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 1:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I dont think you are. I was 16 and still in high school, no job or license. In my opinion a baby changes you. Now im 19 with my own house and pay my own bills. Ive matured so much more from my daughter. Ive have tough times but good things will come out in the end. I dont regret 1 moment of it. She made me who i am today. Shes the reason i have goals and plans for us. <3

teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• It seems that you know you are not too young. You have built a very good case why you are able to love, care and provide for the child. Now you have to decide what is right for the child and yourself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Who is everyone?
    If your family and BF are supportive who else really matters?
    You are not to young.
    You know you can support your baby.
    IMO all women jump to "Oh no, I can't do this" when the pregnancy isn't planned.
    Then, with time, they realize they can parent and want to parent.
    You will be fine!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• It depends on you. I know that *I* wasn't ready to be a mom at 26. But one of my best friends, three days older than me, became a mom just shy of her 23rd birthday, and things turned out fine.

As long as you go into this understanding that motherhood isn't just a bed of roses. It comes complete with thorns. Lots of 'em.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I got pregnant at 19 had my oldest at 20, he was unexpect was on bc and using condoms and i didn't have that great of income, he is now three and now im 23 im am pregnant with my second will have it at 24, another unexpected pregnancy but is a blessing to have coming. Adoption is a great option but if you feel your ready to be a mom, you can do it, your not to young.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• 26 is not young at all in my opinion. Now if you where 10 years younger that would be a different story. You sound like you would make a good mom. I got pregnant at 24 and had her at 25.
    SamandNicole

Answer by SamandNicole at 7:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2011