Would you let your daughter?......... 3 years & up

Would you let your daughter wear heavy make-up like green and hot pink eye shadow? I live with my family (mom,dad,sister+boyfriend) and woke up 1 morning and found that my daughter had on heavy make-up (foundation,hot-pink and green eye shadow,lipstick,ect.) that my sister put on her,but I couldn't have a say in it because my mom has taken over as my daughter's mommy (which some on cafemom already know) because she was taken from me (not by the law,just my mom) ,but it ate me up all day...........what do you mom's think?

JennyRod11

Asked by JennyRod11 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For just around the house, pretend dressup i wouldn't care. But i would wash it off of her when dress up time was done, such as lunchtime or when she wants to play something else.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 2:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• NOPE!

I can understand if it's to play, because I play make up with my daughter sometimes but on a regular basis nope! I don't know what your situation is but is there a reason why you can't get your daughter back, if she's not legally ordered to be with your mom?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• NO!!
    Take your family and move outta your mom's house already!
    Why are you sleeping when DD is up?
    Mom isn't taking your daughter..you are giving her away!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 3:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Just leave already or quite complaining.

No I wouldn't let my child wear makeup like that.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Well it's not play makeup,they went out,and if some of you knew my story right now you wouldn't be saying all of this now would you don't have the money to just get up and leave,I am not and never have gave my daughter away and she was taken from me when she was a couple of months old and she is three years old now..............emotionally this is taking a toll on me and just wanted to know what you moms thought..ok
    JennyRod11

Comment by JennyRod11 (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• oh and my daughter is sleeping in my mom's room,in her bed and not with me.....OK....:'(
    JennyRod11

Comment by JennyRod11 (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• *Slapping hands*
    Don't argue with idiots
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Okay, I don't know the whole story but from what you are saying if you're daughter was taken from you without a legal order then why didn't ever get her back? If you are in the same house your daughter is in why are you allowing someone else to be her mother, and not you? If it was a money issue, I would assume that in 3 years you could get your financial situation fixed so you could get your daughter back. Just putting my 2 cents in.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Take DD out of your mother's room.
    Step up to the plate and YOU be your DD's mommy.
    Stop playing a victim.
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 3:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Maybe you should sit down and tell your mother that she raised you better than that and ask her if she took your dd away than why isn't she raising her better than that?
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 3:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2011