I'm proud to be a teen mom. Im speaking my mind and screw teen mom haterz!!

A little info- I’m 19 and was a teen mom

Sooo… I had an issue with some1 earlier on here. She pretty much decided to bash me for being a teen mom. She said I’m just another teen mom with jobless skills and I’m not a part of society.

1st of all, jobless skills? You want to know the skills I have? I can type more than 50 wpm, I was going to take calculus in high school but the only reason I couldn't was because the highest math they offer to independent studies students is Algebra1. I can write a 2 page essay in less that 20 minutes (got an A). BTW, we had 2 weeks to do it. I've taken occupational programs and advanced computer classes, passed my high school exit exam with the top scores of my class. All this, in high school. And people ask why I’m a SAHM, because my daughter is only 2 and I’m the damn best mom and teacher she can have right now.

Want to know her skills too?? Before she turned 1 she knew all her basic colors, all her body parts (except her coochie, we said butt instead). While she was 1 she was fully potty trained, dress herself, could count to 4, and knew some letters. She turned 2 6 weeks ago and is talking in full sentences. So go ahead and try to tell me teen moms can’t be good moms.

Anyways, what right does she have to bash me just because of my age? The only BASIC difference between us as a mom is that I was a teen mom. Just because you get pregnant at 16 doesn't mean you’re going to love your child any different than if you’re 36. Yeah I’ll admit I wasn't in a relationship when I got pregnant. But guess what? I was a teenager. Teenagers have sex in case any1 hasn't noticed. So what happened to me? I wasn't selfish and decided to keep my baby instead of my teenage life. Abortion isn't for me.

I don’t ever think of my daughter as a mistake. In my opinion things happen for a reason, and God gave me my daughter as a gift. Because of my daughter I am very successful. I moved out when I was 18. I live in a 4 bedroom house, built in pool, and 3 car garage. It’s just me, my daughter, and my boyfriend of 3 years. And yes he is her father. We pay our own bills. We have 2 cars, I paid for 1 in cash, I don’t like credit card. And for you moms who think SAHM are lazy, as soon as my car gets fixed I’m going to school to be either a diagnostic medical sonographer or a radiation therapist. =)

If you truly agree with this woman then you can kiss my skinny, white ass for all I care. I’m not going to let people bring me down or make me feel bad for any decisions I make. GO TEEN MOMS!! (I’m not supporting intentional teen pregnancy)

I'm just trying to let people know that being a teen mom is no different.

BUMP IF YOU AGREE WITH ME

I read an apology on here. I just want to say that getting this off my chest made me feel good. But reading the apology makes me feel even better. Thank you. I didn't write this searching for an apology. It was to speak my mind and share my opinion. Again, Thank you.

Like i said **I support teen moms** not teen pregnancy.

teenmommy31

Asked by teenmommy31 at 3:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Around the time i was about to start school again my car messed up. I had 3 mechanics look at it but none could figure out what was wrong. But im hoping it gets fixed soon or my boyfriend gets a steady work schedule so i can. He works full time and i want to go to school full time so its kinda hard to share 1 car right now. Espesially sinse he works an hour away.
    teenmommy31

Comment by teenmommy31 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Just out of curiosity are you attending college right now?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• It shows im a good mom because i try as hard as i can to provide for my daughter. i would rather earn everything i have instead of having it handed to me. Im not not gonna drop my kid off with some1 so i can go party or hang out.

A work attitude and home attitude arent the same. I wouldnt go in and apply with the same attitude i would have anywhere else. I would be professional. We dont have to be professional online.

And to who ever said no many teens have sex. Think again. Teen pregnancy is pretty damn high. Especially where i live.

And about the birth control. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME HAVING SEX. I didnt plan to have sex. And i am on it.
    teenmommy31

Comment by teenmommy31 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• the only requirement there for high school was the exit exam. I went way above what i was required to do. I had college classes in high school. Those arent grad requirements. I would think that an emplyer would rather hire some1 with greater knowlege about certain things. ive taken business classes and have worked. i know what they expect and what job skills are. one of my best friend took management classes. she told me alot of what she learned. and im pretty sure i didnt mention a high school diploma a job skill. that would be pretty retarted.

I AM an employer. I wouldn't hire you just because you took college classes in high school. Do you have any idea how many kids are doing that these days..LOTS. If you in any way displayed the attitude you have here I would not hire you. I would also hire someone without the burden of a child before I would hire you. I really feel for you. You have a LOT to learn. Good luck.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Second, I don't buy for a second that your daughter was potty trained at one. YOU may have been trained to run her to the bathroom every 30 min or so, but that is not potty trained. And I have worked with kids even before I had kids, your dd's accomplishments are either way exaggerated, or your daughter is a mini genus... either way, having a smart child, does not make you a good mom. Make her a smart child.

I'm not sure how being with the same bf or buying cars in cash or living in a 4 bdr house relates to being a good mom either.

You sound insecure. Teen moms can be good moms. But I don't see how anything you stated somehow means your a good mom.

What exactly do you think being a good mom is?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I'm not really sure how this makes you a good mom....

First off, high school skills are not job skills. And even if you can type 65wpm, that does not mean you have a chance at a job. Yes, that is one thing that an employer may look for, but that in its self is not what would get you a job if you needed one. And an employer could care less about how well you did in high school. They will care if you have a high school diploma or GED, but without a college degree or actual job skills, your on the lower end of the job market chain... and how does job skill equal good parent in the first place? (btw, I can type 65 wpm, and I can write a college essay in about 20 min as well and get an A, doesn't make me a good mom, just makes me a fast and resourceful student.

daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Wow. I hope you aren't passing your bad attitutde onto your child.

BTW, typing and writing an essay aren't exactly job skills. My 12 year old can do the same thing.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Potty trained at age one? No, YOU were trained. LOL.
    Noo, not that many teens have sex. They graduate from high school, go to college and then they get married.
    But I do hope eveything goes well.....now that you have RANTED, do you feel better?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• ....."Teen Mom haterz" ???????
    that was mature.......
    good luck, you need it,really.
    You are an advertisement for how important Birth Control is,chick. Use it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

teenmommy31

Comment by teenmommy31 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2011