• In the Spotlight:

Interventions

More and more I am reading that you should do {whatever} just in case you have to have a c-section. Is this the normal thought?

I always thought, and still do, that birth is a normal thing and not a medical procedure that should be monitored for surgery options. Am I crazy or wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't assume I'd need one. I would only do so in an extreme medical emergency not in the case of some of the BS reasons docs give today. Say no to interventions and you'll likely not need a c-section. Your thoughts are correct, we have just been programmed differently and become a society that doesn't have a respect for birth or women.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You always have the option of giving birth at home. Hospitals want to make sure they don't f up and you sue them.
    Anonymous

• Wether u have to have a c-section or not-I think it is still a natural thing... Your body still grows the baby and tyou still give birth, just w/a lil help. I think the more popular thought is, babies do what they want from the time they are concieved so prepare for anything.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If they don't monitor you, how do you know the baby is having problems or not, such as heart rate dropping which would need a c section? Or are you saying that birth should be a natural thing, meaning in nature guess what sometimes babies die!
    Anonymous

• ur wrong!... i had no choice to have 2 c sections.. u saying that makes it seem like c sections r wrong. for the life of my kids i did the c sections.. my daughter was breech and if i pushed out my son i could have kill him and myself...
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon.... Yes, women have been "made" for having babies and have ben doing so for centuries BUT many many women and babies die in the birthing process. Many women are too stubborn to take their doctors advice and use the medical technology we have been blessed with. Thank God most of the time it still works out for them but in other times, it doesn't and they lose thier babies trying to do everything the "natural way". I've had two c-sections and one stillborn.... I know all about it! I think that you should do WHATEVER it takes to have a healthy baby.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Wrong. My son would've died if I was not monitered and had a c-section. It wasn't exactly in my plans to have one
    Anonymous

• OP here -
    Breech can be delivered vaginally... I was reading about if you end up delivering at home before you can make it to the hospital and there were instructions for breech delivery.
    Why wouldn't a babies heart rate drop during a contraction be normal? Birth being normal doesn't relay on numbers. I didn't have fetal heart rate monitored for my entire labor, just occasionally.
    What my biggest question is why set yourself up? Doctors put things on schedules, no?
    Anonymous

• I also think that ignorance is a problem in childbirth..... all these Mom's that bash c-section Mom's and such are just not educated in the fact that they themselves probably never have been in a lkife or death situation
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

Not so. I'm totally against non-medically needed c-sections and ahve had one in a life or death situation. I've had two total followed by a vaginal birth.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008