Managing

I have been moody and frankly bitchy for a while. I would like to just start over and I am wondering if you have any advice for anger management and stress control.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• Good for u for talking control of your life!i think if u are serious u could look into either a stress/anger management workshop, or just look into getting some therapy. It is hard to change long standing patterns of behavior and it never hurts to have backup.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When I get angry and stressed I try to go and exercise. A kickboxing class always makes me feel better I get to punch away all the negative feelings and im toning in the process...its a win win for me!
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 9:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Breathing and Perspective, it is probably not nearly as bad as it seems in the moment. Also, maybe consider counseling or anger managment class for help with this, since for some people staying calm is very difficult. Your baby is only a few months old right now - a year from now, year and a half, things are gonna be SOOOOOO much more stressful....
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Do you think this could be due to hormones? I just went through this about 2 weeks ago and had a hard time shaking it. I realize now it was due to me not taking my vitamins (I fell off the band wagon a bit), not getting enough sleep, and not having some alone time for me. Do you have anyone (spouse, or significant other) that could help relieve you so you could take a break for a day?
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 11:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008