is it safe for my 6 month old to have grahm crackers?

My son is already on 2nd baby foods and eats teething bisquits and sometimes saltines. I just didn't know if it was safe or not because on the ingrediants about 18 down is says honey and I know babies can't have honey until they are 2. is it ok though??

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 6:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say that if he's given very little it might be ok. The only thing is the reason why they tell us no adult foods until about a year is because eaten too young it may cause food allergies. But again my sister in law has been giving my nephew (7 months) regular food since he was 6 months and he is fine. It's just up to you but theres always a risk involved.
    Anonymous

• Get the chocolate grahms. Thats what I did with my son, and the ones I got didnt have any honey, or if they did it didnt hurt him at all so it must not have been very much. Plus he LOVED them.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 6:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would worry he would choke.... but as far as the honey... it's fine as long as it's not raw honey (in a bottle).
    I wouldn't do chocolate it's a high allergen food.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• def go with the honey if at all...i think 6 months is a bit young but i guess it depends on ur kid! ask ur doc is the best advice i can give
    nachisdoll

Answer by nachisdoll at 7:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• They don't have to wait until they are 2 to have honey. Just be past one.

Get the graham crackers without honey if you are concerned.

We started finger and table foods at 6 months, too. Graham crackers were one of the first things we gave because they dissolve nicely...easier than those teething biscuits which I absolutely HATED cleaning those up! (the boys were all on table foods at 9 months)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my babys doc said that if you think its ok for them to have and it not like really spicy and your baby acts the same as before then its fine there is alot of you shouldnts out there but if he isnt sick from eatting it then dont worry it means his stomach isnt as sensitive as some
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i might switch to a variety that is without honey.
    i'd also be concerned that my baby would choke because of the consistency of the graham cracker once it's soft.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2008