How much do you pay for a Nanny?

I'm just curious what the typical going rate is for a live out Nanny for two children.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 6:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• that totally depends on where you live... goes from $5 - $30/hour
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I dont know about a live out nanny but I had a live in for 4 kids. The oldest three were pretty low maintance, and she had a 3 yr old full time. I paid her $175 a week plus free room & board & paid for her food.

Answer by gemgem at 6:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• im currently working as a nanny in the state of washing i have one little girl who is 15months i watch 4days a week and i get paid 500 amonth. the nanny they had befor me who watched her as a newborn till about 10months was getting 600 amonth.
    Lots of it depends on the age of your children.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i have a live in nanny/house keeper.. she cleans the house, does laundry and takes care of the baby when we r both at work... we have a 6 bed room house so there is alot to clean... we pay her $300 a week + all her food and anthing she needs like soap, shampoo stuff like that
    Anonymous

• We used to pay $10 per hour for our nanny. If I went to get another nanny now I would probably have to pay $15 per hour + taxes + SS etc - Southern California
    Anonymous

• It depends on how many kids and how many hours, live in or live out, and what household chores you want her to perform. Payscales are usually based on yrs of experience, backgt=round checks and whether or not you want your nanny first aid & CPR certified. I work about 40 hrs a wk, am CPR & first aid certified and run errands in my car for them, take their child to classes and activities almost every day if the week, I make $400.00 a week, plus they give me paid holidays, sick leave vacation time after the first year, overtime past 40 hours or after 6:00pm. Oh and that's for their 1 child age 4. Go check out Nannys4Hire.com , or Great Aupair.com. They have a lot of helpful info for both families and nanny's and family's can post what their needs are, and nanny's post their resume. It's worth a look...you can also do background checks through the website.
    SuZQ55

Answer by SuZQ55 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Keep in mind, if it's a person, not a nanny service, you will also have to pay the nanny tax and file tax returns.
    Anonymous

• I am a single mom and a nanny. I care for a six year old little boy (he's too cute). I am provided a two bedroom home, about a block from theirs, groceries, gas card, and company phone. My salary is 230 a week, no matter how much or how little I have him.
    Anonymous

• It always amazes me how cheap some families are when it comes to a nanny! I am a professional nanny with 5+ years of experience. I make a min of $15.00/hour or $600.00/week. I also receive reimbursement for health insurance and for all miles put on my car during work hours just to name a few perks. In the world of nannies you get what you pay for in most cases. If you want to be cheap and keep someone stuck in your house all the time then you will probably have someone who will quickly resent you and maybe even your children. Families need to remember that although a nanny will love your children, this is her job! I worked for a wonderful family who could not pay my normal rate but they understood that it was a job and they were always doing sweet things like baking cookies with a thank you note attached or giving a small gift to say we love you. I had to cut this short so If you have any questions for me just ask!
    NannyMiranda

Answer by NannyMiranda at 11:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• When I was working I hired a preschool teacher to take care of my two girls. She was a lovely single mother, with a daughter the same age as my youngest. She started at $10 and within 2 years later, I was paying $12.50. What I didn't figure in the SS and Medicare, and Workers Comp costs.. Check out your states worker comp contribution rates. Now, I used care.com Babysitter Base Pay Calculator to pay the occasional babysitters. (under Articles and Resources)... btw - i let go of her when she asked that I buy a different type of water vs the generic bottle water.. (nannies - don't be too picky!)

Gail99

Answer by Gail99 at 8:46 PM on May. 14, 2009