if you dont believe in god

if you dont believe in god, how do you believe life exists? how do you think human beings were created. i have heard some people talk about sperm and eggss and thats it. but really...how did the 1st humans exist? have you ever thought about how your body works, and really you do nothing to control that. your brain thinks, your heart beats, your lungs pump, your blood flows...without you really doing anything. when someone is pregnant, they really do nothing and that baby is created inside of them. they dont have to think about it at all. how do they form into wonderful little babies. just curious as to what people think about all of this, if they dont believe in god.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in God, but I still believe in biology and evolution.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• blah blah..

i didnt have sex with god... it was my hubby and me who "made" our daughter ;)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Do you really have to believe in god for all those things to happen? obviously not. Everyone has their own religion and beliefs. And isn't it your belief to not judge them. In that let people believe what they want to believe in and not belittle them by saying that how do they have a child without believeing in god!
    Anonymous

• I believe in God.... but i also believe that me and my hubby made are son, but witht he help of GOD...
    Anonymous

• Actually, you can control your body. You can control your breathing which will affect your heart rate and blood pressure. You can control your bowels and you can control your muscles. And you can control your own thoughts. As for the first humans, evolution explains it to me quite nicely. And concerning pregnancy, it does matter what you do as to the health and well-being of any resulting baby.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Evolution , biology , these are provable - or mostly provable !
    God is a nice fairy tale !
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Personally, I don't sit around and contemplate how life started on the planet. It is pointless. Life exists...who cares how it started. Basic 9th grade biology explains how babies are formed and born. I don't see anything supernaturally miraculous in pregnancy and birth. It's just nature doing it's thing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• im not judging or belittling...i said im curious as to how you think all of those things happen. no you didnt have sex with god, but all you and your husband did to have that baby was have sex...nothing else to create the baby into a human being. all of these things will happen whether or not what you believe. im just asking what people do believe. if you cant explain what it is that you believe...fine. but if you can...good, im curious to know.
    Anonymous

• Are you aware, anon, the vast number of fertilized eggs that are not implanted naturally and do not develop into fetuses? Are you aware of the vast number of sperm in a single dose of semen? If there were a God with a hand in this, why would he make it so random? Why not make it so there is one sperm and one egg and they meet and that's it? Did you know that in nature, usually the higher up the food chain, the fewer number of offspring? For instance, fish...fish lay tons of eggs and have tons of babies..but they are low on the food chain. Sharks are high up, so they have, usually, one baby at a time. Nature has patterns...but to get into that pattern is a crap shoot.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yes you can control those bodily functions, but you dont have to do anything really, if you dont want to. and yes what you do while you are pregnant can impact your baby, but there have been people who were 6 months or more pregnant that didnt even know they were pregnant, and they already had a baby formed inside of them...and they did nothing really.
    Anonymous