Is this pink eye or something else?

My 7 month old woke up a few days ago and one eye was a little swollen and red. It didn't seem to bother him so I left it alone. The next day and every day since the red and swelling are gone but his eyes are crusted shut in the mornings. It doesn't bother him throughout the day so is it still pink eye even though it doesn't itch and isnt really irritated?

kristynej

Asked by kristynej at 6:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• call his dr.
    Anonymous

• no it dont seem to be that it would have been pink for about a week or so if it was and it would have iched really badly.... i would call his doc in the morning
    Anonymous

• I would call the DR. But every time Ive gotten pink eye my eye is swollen and crusted shut but doesnt itch or bother me during the day.
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 9:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It sounds like a clogged tear duct... Wash it every hour with warm water on a cloth and if that doesn't help within a few days call a doctor... But clogged ducts usually go away on their own, it just takes time... Nothing to do for them but keep them clean.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yes most likely its pink eye. You should have it checked out, its very contagious. My son had it first then it spread to everyone in the house even though I was very careful.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Thanks every one who answered. It was not pink eye. Just a small infection in his tear duct. It is completely gone now. Yay!
    kristynej

Answer by kristynej at 10:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009