• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone worked as a at home Rebate Processor?

Does this really work? can you really get paid. I am looking for work during the week, on the weekend I host bed and bath parties.

Franniegirl

Asked by Franniegirl at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would be more than willing to bet is a scam. Open your own business if you want to make money. I saw great resources at www.stuffformoms.info
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Lots of scams, never pay $ to make $

http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Hey Mama! Processing rebates is a scam! Don't do it! There are many other legit ways to work from home. I personally have a home business but if you are looking for a work at home job instead I have a journal entry on my page that has a list of legit companies that hire people to work from home. I found the list on the CNN website. This may help you! Good luck!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 8:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• In my experience the processing rebates is clickbank. You advertise items that are available from clickbank. You advertise these items with a rebate so that people buy from you instead of somebody else. When they make a purchase for the full price then you give them a refund/rebate. If they return the item they bought then you loose whatever commision you earnt. To get the sales you would probably have to advertise so I am not sure how likely it is for you to really make money.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Rebates at home isn't a scam as much as it isn't worth it. Basically, lets say you are affiliate with Company X. Company X sells a product that costs $100.00. If you bring them the customer they pay you 50%. That is $50.00 - just keeping everyone on the same page! You advertise the same product for $75.00 after rebate! They purchase the product from Company X using your affiliate link, Company X turns around and pays you $50.00. After 90 days, if the person hasn't returned the item, you send them a $25.00 rebate - usually by PayPal. It's 90 days because after 90 the CC company will give them a hard time if they claim fraud. So you tell your customer to send in the rebate information, which you provide, 90 days after purchase. You make the rebate between 90 and 120 days. Most people will forget about the rebate after 90 days or have deleted the email or whatever.
    And that is rebates are processed at home.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sounds like too much money having to exchange hands and if you aren't a good bookkeeper you might up end up owing money. Doesn't sound a like good way to earn money, esp. if you NEED money. I am a financial counselor (helps folk set up family budgets, get out of debt, etc.), and I always tell folks to sell what they can, in times of dire need. And when you are in this kind of situation, its best to look for service type work. Any person who has ever created wealth will tell you that to make money (have a business) you have to HAVE money. So now is not the time to begin a business which requires money for start up. Small businesses that say they have small itty bitty start up costs, also create small profits for the "Business owner".

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2008