I gave birth over six months ago and I just missed a period. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Is that normal?

Is missing a period normal in the months after giving birth?

caliluvr140

Asked by caliluvr140 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• If you are breastfeeding, then yes. Maybe you're just late or stressed, etc?
    Anonymous

• normal not that i know of you could be pregnant and you just tested to soon id say test again here in a week.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Your periods can be out of whack after having a baby. If they've been regular and coming like clockwork since you started again, then I would worry about pregnancy. Take another test in a week or so if that's the case. If they've been even a little off (a day late even), it could just be your body trying to get back to normal. I'd test again in a week or so still, but if that one was negative, I wouldn't worry too much.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my daughter is 6 months and i still haven't even had one period... our bodies can be so weird and it can take a while to get back to "normal"...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 9:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008