a question about porn...

I was just wondering something. I read a lot of post about porn lately, and about moms that are for or against. Me, personally, I don't mind if a guy watches it, it just doesn't do anything for me... But I guess my question is... isn't reading a romance novel or movie do the same to a girl as a guy watching porn... it forfills our needs right? Well okay we don't exactly do what a guy does, but it does make a woman fantasize?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 7:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• There are some VERY graphic romance novels.

And then factor in all the books listed under 'erotica', and there you are. Literature can be just as graphic as images.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It doesn't make me fantasize... its just a book... to me reading a book is like watching a movie... which guys also watch movies. LOL
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 7:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't think reading a romance novel is the same thing as watching naked people. They are completely different mediums.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• honestly its whatever to me porn is just that its porn.
    I really think its harmless its all just a fantacy anyway. some women are just to up tight IMO.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• What if that porno you are watching has sex slaves in it that are forced to do it? You are contributing to slavery and bondage of others. Your actions have a ripple affect and there is a huge sex trade in the world. That woman is some ones daughter, sister, mother, etc.

Anonymous

• i know that i get a little "ooo la la" when reading a book with a sex description, but i think that porn is more "WOW"... more graphic. do i have an issue with it? not really. unless its all day everyday, then i'd worry about my hubby.
    armywive

Answer by armywive at 7:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• its similar
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• lol, i guess more what I'm trying to say is men have fantasies... there fantasies are mostly based around sex... a woman has fantasies, most of them based around romance and making love... in a sense if one is wrong shouldn't the other be?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• as far as anon goes... what a woman does is her business... not mine. as far as the sex slave videos... I don't know what your talking about but that's getting past the point of a basic porno movie.. your getting into dominatix type of stuff which is a little different.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008