Know of a reputable student loan place?

I don't need a huge one, I just need to pay for my books....my GI Bill should cover tuition.

o0oandreao0o

Asked by o0oandreao0o at 7:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• Talk with your financial aid office. You might still qualify for a Pell grant, and you can apply for a Federal Stafford Loan through your financial aid office. Regardless, you will need a FAFSA on file unless you're going through a private lender. I recommend starting with the federal loan, and only going private if you have to. Their interest rates tend to be better.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• ugh what a pain student loans are, huh. i have kids in college and sallie mae screws everythiing up always. how about a small personal loan through a bank since you want a small amount? unless you're trying to defer payments while your in college then you do need official student loans or grants. They all do mostly come through Sallie Mae in the end as the processor then different actgual banks loan out the money to you with Sallie Mae being resopnsible more often than not for tracking payments and deferments. CONGRATULATIONS FOR SCHOOL and FOR BEING A MOM!! That's hard work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• DIRECTLOANS.COM
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2009