Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Know of a reputable student loan place?

I don't need a huge one, I just need to pay for my GI Bill should cover tuition.

Answer Question

Asked by o0oandreao0o at 7:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Talk with your financial aid office. You might still qualify for a Pell grant, and you can apply for a Federal Stafford Loan through your financial aid office. Regardless, you will need a FAFSA on file unless you're going through a private lender. I recommend starting with the federal loan, and only going private if you have to. Their interest rates tend to be better.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • ugh what a pain student loans are, huh. i have kids in college and sallie mae screws everythiing up always. how about a small personal loan through a bank since you want a small amount? unless you're trying to defer payments while your in college then you do need official student loans or grants. They all do mostly come through Sallie Mae in the end as the processor then different actgual banks loan out the money to you with Sallie Mae being resopnsible more often than not for tracking payments and deferments. CONGRATULATIONS FOR SCHOOL and FOR BEING A MOM!! That's hard work!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2008


    Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.