I keep my private area shaved, but lately I have been thinking about getting it waxed. How many of you wax and do you have to wax as much as you shave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I recently started waxing at home and I like it a lot better than shaving. It can be time consuming to do yourself so I'm probably going to start going to a spa to get it done.

Last time I waxed was a week ago and it's still smooth for the most part. You just have to remember to exfoliate at least once a day (I do it twice) in the beginning to keep the pores from getting clogged, that way you don't get bumps.
    Anonymous

• Good luck in the department. I shave mine because I don't want the pain of the waxing. I do it about every other day & I use neosporin. It sounds weird I know but it is the only thing that I have found the doesn't cause the razor to pull the skin & there are no bumps.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 12:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I can't find a waxing system that works so I use Nair. In a hurry I'll shave but hope i remember to shave with the growth of the hair or I get those stupid bumps. I hate those.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Me and a friend went and got a bikini wax, it was the first time for both of us. We totally pysched ourselves out thinking we would scream cuz it would hurt so bad. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as everyone said it would. But my friend thinks that we weren't waxed correctly. She said she started having hair growth the next day. She thinks the lady just ripped the hair and it broke. I'm not sure. I will definitley try it one more time to find out if it is in fact worth it. Mine started to grow back rather quickly as well.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• hahaha waxing is NOT for whimps!!!

try it, I do it before weekends away and special ocasions cause lord knows....it hurts
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I shave everyday... I havent had problems with bumps or anything else. I have been fortunate. I just use the shower water no gel or anything I've been doing it for years and it doesn't hurt at all. If it did I would wax just to get it over with. However, for your info don't wax after drinking a go girl everytime I do this it is more painful because my adrenaline is running.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• waxing lasts alot longer. the only thing is u have to let it grow to 1/4-1/2 inch, which can be horrible when ur used to shaving all the time (itching!). lasts about 4 weeks, but u might need to go in about 2 weeks after ur first appt cause they dont get all the hairs (since hair all grows on different cycles), or u could just wait it out until the next wax.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008