Have you lost a love one?

as most of you know I lost my dad and I dont know if he made it to heaven or not. Do you think or know or hope that your love ones made it in?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• hinson: I know you're hurting right now, everything is going to be ok. Keep holding on and trust that God will give you peace that passed all understanding, and it will guard your heart and your mind.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 7:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My husband died 3.5 years ago. I am confident he made it to heaven. There's no way of knowing, but I don't believe God turns anyone away unless they're corrupt people without souls in the first place.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My dad died when I was a little girl. I believe he went to heaven. He was a backslider but confessed his sins before he died.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 7:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes I just lost my aunt whom I adored. She passed away in mid-October.

Yes, I believe she went to a place I call the Meadows. A place of peace and beauty and calm to await her next step.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I believe if anyone who passes away has love for Jesus in their heart they all go to heaven. I lost my Dad in December 2004. It's hard when you lose a parent. In time your heart will heal and you move on. Just hold on to your memories and he'll always be there with you. Sending you XOXOXOXO !!! Love ya !

love you sign

AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 7:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My grandmother passed in August. I know she made it there. She visitied in a dream and told me she was ok. I'm sorry for your loss. If you're open to the signs, you might just get some. I'm sure he's doing just fine though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

Ditto! I'm praying for you hinson. Hang in there!

praying    hugs

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I lost my father in February.  I'm an Atheist and I don't believe in an afterlife,  my beloved father is gone.  He will live on in our memories and his progeny.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Hinson: I'm sorry for your great loss. I do think that the people i have lossed are in heaven (gr-pa,gr-ma). For me it is the greatest joy to know personally those who are sick or dying are saved and know they are going to heaven. I also believe that by the time I die and get there myself I will know those loved ones that have gone before me. I also believe that we WILL NOT know if the loved ones we loved here on earth did not make it to heaven. I think God spares us of that knowledge knowing how painful that would be to us. (No Pain in heaven..yeah). My mom calls it Heavenly Amnesia. Don't focus on where your dad is, use this time to draw near to God. He is the true comfortor, and a Father to those with none. May he surround you with peace and comfort.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My mom died in 2000 at the age of 51, just 2 months after I gave birth to my first child (I was 23). It was devastating. I don't believe in heaven, though, or any afterlife. I know exactly where she is...in a cardboard box in my dad's cupboard in his room. She was cremated (after all her organs were harvested and donated) and her ashes are waiting in his room. When he dies I'm supposed to have him cremated, mixed in with her ashes and scattered in the wind.
    Her "spirit" will live on in the people that she touched while she was alive.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008