why is my preemie straining so bad to have a bowel movement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she is constipated..ask your doc what to do. It may be too early for apple or prune juice..warm bath, tummy massage..or glycerin suppositories.
    mybabygirlz

Answer by mybabygirlz at 12:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If he is on formula, it may need to be changed, but I would speak with your doctor first..I know that formulas with iron cause some babies to experience this
    Anonymous

• My son was 4 weeks premature. He had major constipation problems. We switched around formulas a lot and they also said that because he was so early it was likely that his anal muscles had not developed enough yet for him to pass a solid poop... I had to "help" him go for like 2-3 months. Thank god that is over... Good luck!
    Jaidensmommy826

Answer by Jaidensmommy826 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008