Fill in the blank - I Love my Mother, but I wouldn't want her to raise my child because.......

Of her strict religious ways.
I have issues from all the control of being told I'd go to hell for "wearing pants and makeup" kind of religious. I hope I'm the kind loving person she was, but I don't wish that mind control on my child. I feel my Mother knew nothing more being she was raised that way and tried her best (Note: This is not a bi*&^ all out ungrateful post to complain about our Mothers, so please don't take it that way )

Jeda624

Asked by Jeda624 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• ...she's 82yo!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• she has already spent her life raising my brother & I. It's her time to live.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• .....she's a pot head. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• because she is not  a child person. The only reason she had 3 was because of my dad and that's what he wanted.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• she has no patience.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• She did such a shitty job with me! I was lucky if I got 1 meal a day...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• she has done her job raising children. I don't think it's the grandparents job to pick up after a grandchild or to take over as the parent. I have already worked out something with my sister i anything should happen to me. My mother is a great mom and grandmother but I would never put the burden of raising a young child on her. She deserves her down time and freedom.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• She is the perfect example of today's parents - she is a friend before a parent! 2 of my sisters have failed at life! I skid by in life by the skin of my teeth trying to make correct choices and hoping in the end that I did the right thing because I had no one to guide me and a mother who was more into parties, drinking, drugs and being my buddy.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• My mother is obsessive about cleaning. She goes nuts if someone accidentally spills something. One time she was keeping my daughter who was only 1 at the time and she spilled some juice on the carpet and when I got there my mother had moved all of the furniture in the living room around and was steam cleaning the carpet in that room because of one little spill. I would have much preferred for her to clean it up with a wet washrag and if she wanted to steam clean to wait until I had already picked my daughter up. She has always been like this and it was hard to please her growing up.

carsonoliviamom

Answer by carsonoliviamom at 2:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I know exactly how crazy she is!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2011