How do i get my husband's friend and his family out of my home "nicely" without hurting any one's feelings ?

they have been in my home for 6 weeks now and i cant take it any longer, they use my washer and dryer like crazy, about 3-4 loads daily, and use most of my stuff. stained all my pavement with auto oil leaks, and the mrs acts like she is the lady of the house in my home, help ( they are a family of 4, and so are we, they ruined our guest room's mattress, buy daughter pee ing on it many times. am i mean??

ashleyamanda

Asked by ashleyamanda at 7:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• No. You are not mean in the least. My stepdad had a refrigerator magnet that said "House guests are like dead fish...They start to stink after 3 days." When you took them in, what was the agreement? How does your DH feel about it? Sounds like it's time to set down a date when they can no longer be there...a DATE. Not "when so and so gets a job" If they can't respect your house, they don't need to be there.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Tell them to get the hell out, your house is not no half way house!
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• There are going to be hurt feelings. You need to decide what's worse, their hurt feelings or your peace of mind.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Thanks ladies, also theres more....they have moved to the city i live now, they are looking for a full time job, right now they have a part time job, their kids are 13, and 14, i have a 3 & a 7 yr old. they said they only needed about 2 weeks, But my husband told them they can stay as long as they like ( without talking it over with me first) and then some so they can start a savings account, ( so what, my husband thinks we can afford to support them?? I am so angry because my husband opened his big mouth before talking to me.
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 8:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• they use most of my things like food, cleaning items, personal grooming things and sometimes even my vitamins! but worse yet the mrs needs some sort of therapy because she is addicted to asking a whole bunch of questions, like 20 questions consecutively, i feel like i am being interrogated every time i see her, i dont need to give her any details of what where i go when and why, crazy i almost yelled at her one day! i try not to hurt their feelings, but they are breaking my peace, ( my hubby likes the company) i cant take it anymore,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 8:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• how do i get rid of them without being or looking like the sourpuss? did i mention the 13 yr old is handicapped? cerebral palsey. I dont mind the kids, its mostly her and the cost they are tolling on us, i can imagine my light bill, gas, and water bills already, crazy.they are night owls, like to stay up til around 2 or 3 am, sometimes 4 am on weekends. help
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 8:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My family is basically freeloading off of me and my husband's income and generosity as well. I find it very hard to turn them away since they are my brother and sister. But my husband cannot stand that they use our things, and basically trash our home that we just bought. We have fought over this. I have actually threatened to kick them out if they didn't clean up their act and at least clean after themselves, but that has only worked for a few days and then they go back to being slobs again. Moral of the story is, you cannot spare anyone their feelings. A person gets one chance. If they screw it up, kick them out. You deserve a home that is your own.
    Anonymous