need some help

how long does ovulation last? and also i had clear stringy discharge but you know how you body naturaly gets rid of the sperm i was wondering if that could also cause that kind of discharge? i am not supposed to ovulate till the 2nd but yesterday i had the egg white discharge? can you help me on this one a little lost and sorry for TMI!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• the sperm "leaks" out soon after sex, it doesn't stay more than a couple days.The discharge could just be...discharge. good luck tho..
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• oh also buy an ovulation kit, it has all the info.
    Bearsjen

• I believe ovulation only last about 24 to 48 hours. I never bought kits or anything I used the ovulation calander on babycenter.com for a reference and then I listened to my body. When I had the ewm(egg white mucus) I made sure me and dh were doing our thing.(smile) Also you might look around on tryingtoconceive.com that site helped me alot when we were trying. We have 3 by the way. Good luck to you and Happy trying...smile
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• the egg only lasts 12-24 hours after it is released from the ovary. sperm can live in your body up to 3 days after sex. The "stuff" that comes out after sex is NOT SPERM, it is the ejaculate that the sperm ride out of the penis in.
    Sassy0876

Answer by Sassy0876 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008