How to help my daughter be healthy????

I need help on how to keep my daughter healthy. she is constantly sick. she is in and out of the doctor with everything. does anyone know of any herbal or homeopathic things i can do for her. she is 13 months and needs help and prayers. thanks so much

Bmw2014

Asked by Bmw2014 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• check w/doc and a nutritionalist hon. They will hve the best tips. I wonder if she is old enough for supplements, some stuff is too hard on lil tummys. i am so sorry she is so often sick. Just lots of fruits, veggies and a balanced diet-do the best you can mom.U r in my prayers.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. My son has only been sick twice and he is 18 months. I just make sure and keep track of what he eats daily not like writing it down but I plan his meals by thinking ok he had eggs, cereal, and yougurt for breakfast so he needs veggies and something else for lunch and so on. I also try and make sure he gets enough dairy because he is not a big milk drinker. I don't know how you are about germs, and maybe this will not work for you but I was only a stickler about germs for the first 6 months now that he is older. I am pretty much okay with almost anything. For example we go to the park and he plays in the dirt and we go to playdates with other kids where he is exposed to germs. Sometimes the more you are exposed to germs, the higher your immunity. I hope this helps and that she stops getting sick. It is no fun to have a sick baby.
    Shannon0622

Answer by Shannon0622 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am very sorry your child is always sick. Was your baby premature? I was always in and out of doctors/hospitals, getting sick very easily and really bad too...all the time, since day one. I blame it on prematurity. I was 6 weeks early. Doctor didn't tell my mom not to lift anything, she was helping someone move and carried some boxes and then that night her water broke. I don't blame my mom, it's not at all her fault. My mom is actually an Angel, she has always been there for me and still is. But anyway, there's really nothing I can do to help and I wish I could because I understand what it's like to be sick and how hard it is to take care of someone sick all the time. It's very frustrating. I will send prayers for your baby. Hope she grows out of getting sick all the time and her immune system gets stronger. Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm sorry to hear that. I know how draining it can be for both of you. What kind of "sick" is your child? Colds, ear infections, etc? My daughter always kept a runny nose, cough, and started getting persistant ear infections. We ended up putting her on allergy meds (zyrtec), making sure no water got in her ears during bath time, no cups/bottles at nap/bed time, stayed away from cigarette smoke, made sure she got all her rest. Sounds like a lot...but it worked so well for us. No more issues...in almost a year!
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• another thing to think about is your home overly clean? if it is, you might want to let it get a bit dirty.. not in the sense of a pig sty but people need to be around natural germs, so that they can build up a tolerance to colds, and etc.. my son is 5 months old, and both his nana's have had colds, bronchitis and a few other bugs and he has never caught them. Also, you can actually find nutritionist for infants, that can help you build up your childs diet ... i am sorry she is always sick.. if you arent talking about colds.. my next question is, was she pre-mature? If so, you will have to be patient with her for just a bit long, also, does anyone smore in your home.. even if its not around her, she can get it off their clothes, etc... good luck to you
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008