Suggestions to help my grandson talk.

My grandson is 2 1\2 and does not speak he has not been diagnosed yet but we know..one of his symptoms is that he is not able to talk and cannot pay attention for any long period...he has a speach therapist that comes to our home once a week..she is teaching him sign language..it is not helping at all its been 2 months and he still cannot do any of the signs she taught us..all she does is play with him and blows bubbles...he loves it but i don't see anything good about throwing bubbles .....anybody out there have and suggestions??? Anything will help

1grandmother

Asked by 1grandmother at 12:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was in speech therapy as a child..and many of those things are to teach the child ways to move/ form your mouth to speak. I did things where i would lay on the floor and humm or sing..all to teach me not to stutter.
    Anonymous

• my nephew didnt talk much until 3. he started to interact more with children his age. he would just grunt. but he slowly began to speak on his own. he never went to see a therapist. i think just interacting with other kids helped.
    CAmommytoBeE

Answer by CAmommytoBeE at 2:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• reading helps, also talk to him ALOT, you might feel dumb, even in the grocery store say "should we buy bananas, see they're yellow, do you like bananas?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2008