What's your Best Home Remedy for A Cold?

I have A lot of Congestion & A Runny Nose! So I look & feel like Crap!! What do you use to help it?? Any Good Tried & True Tips? I'm Snowed in & Stranded Again!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• A really hot shower or bath will clear it up for a while. Hot liquids will be great for the congestion and for the snow : ) Other than that try to get more sleep, drink some oj and take a multi vitamin. It works for me. Hope you feel better.
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 9:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Two tablespoons of honey in a cup of hot water. Drink eat like a tea!
    angelicamj

Answer by angelicamj at 9:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Get yourself on a good multi-vitamin but for right now, you need your rest, drink plenty of fluids, steam from a shower will help break some of it up, use a humidifier for sleeping and if you have any tea tree oil (again of good grade value--not all are equal) rub it on the bottom of your feet and under your nose. Doesn't smell the greatest but it will help you breath. Also, echinacea supplements seem to help me.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 11:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008