does test fade within a day??!! i took a test at about noon today and it was a light positive but i showed three people and they all seen it was postitive but now as the day is over it is extremly lught to where i wouldnt take a second look at it i would think it was negative is this normal??? is it negative or positive??

aubreyluv

Asked by aubreyluv at 7:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Been there. Its a positive. If you had a light line, you are probably early pregnant. They advise to stop looking at it after 10 minutes. If you got that answer in the first 10 minutes, then you are pregnant. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Mine stayed +. But I nevr looked at it like after 24 hours. You could be .
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was going to say the same thing. They usually say to not look at them after 10 minutes. So I would go with positive.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Mine faded within a day or so so I would more than likely say it is positive!
    kptmomof3

Answer by kptmomof3 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would say it is a positive. Every test is different I think. Mine was a faint positive and 21 weeks later I can still see the line.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• They do usually fade. Mine faded after just a few hours. Mine first test was also a light light positive, so much that my SO made me take a second. We got the one that states "pregnant" or "not pregnant". It was positive in like 10seconds. I sat there waiting for the "not" to appear....lol.
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• some will fade before the day is over, if it was positive then you are PREGNANT. just take another one, if you want to show more people.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If it was there at all then it is positive. Take another in a couple of days to ease your mind and then see the doctor for their tests to confirm.

Years ago they had these little square pregnancy tests that showed a plus or negative sign when you placed a few drops of urine in the window. I took that test with one of my children (I think the last one over 15 years ago?) and placed it in a baggie - I saw it last year when I was going through the boxes and the plus sign is till there as strong as the day I took it....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008