Do people treat you like you dont exist with out your baby?

I used to have a lot of friends that I heard from every day and now that my son is here I am forgotten. They assume I am no longer the woman I was because I am a mom and this really makes me mad. Does anyone else feel this way? and if so how did you handle it?
Thanks and have a great day!

Littlepeanut22

Asked by Littlepeanut22 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yea, a lot of stuff changes when you become a mom. They either figure you're way too busy or going out with you will slow them down or something cause you have to take care of the baby.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately there are people that disappear when you become a mother and want to re-appear when they have children of their own and understand that you have different interests and responsibilities. I haven't had much of this problem, honestly, and I don't know your situation, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I waited til I was in my 20s to have kids and most of my friends had them by then. My sister was 18 when she had my niece and lost a lot of friends due to her changing responsibilities.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yeah, but I am still pregnant, and I am trying to keep in touch with a few friends and no one but 1 wants to do anything. I don't know if it will change who knows. I don't even know how to fix it myself.
    momy2emma

Answer by momy2emma at 11:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008