When should we separate our boy/girl twins. They are a week from turning 3 and bed time and nap time is getting very challenging.

AandOmommy

Asked by AandOmommy at 6:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• At birth would have been a good time to start.
    Kelli23221

Answer by Kelli23221 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Why? Are they conjoined?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Seriously, there is nothing like the present. They are still young enough that they will catch on eventually.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Kelli, thanks for the advice. :)
    AandOmommy

Comment by AandOmommy (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Is nap time getting hard because they keep each other up? Or is it because you're concerned about the growing need for each child to have privacy? Do they enjoy sharing a room together? Would they feel very upset at the change? If they're showing signs of wanting their own space, I would separate them. If they truly enjoy it and would be bereft at the move, I'd hold off for a little while longer. Once they hit elementary school, I would impose on them the importance of needing their own space for studying and hanging out and just being themselves, but if those things aren't an issue, they're not an issue. If it's because they're keeping each other up and do not want to be moved, try privacy screens. College kids use them to divide dorm rooms, so you should be able to find them at Target or Walmart. If they can't see each other, they might not be tempted to chatter all night long. :)
    GlowWorm889

Answer by GlowWorm889 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• mine still share a room.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 12:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I think it may be they are just going through a phase. I will say I am quite ready for it to be over. It could also have been seriously tired. We shall see. Thank you for all of your responses.
    AandOmommy

Comment by AandOmommy (original poster) at 3:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2011