Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the paperwork for a father who is willing to terminate his rights on line? i was thinking maybe download them then print them off. I am in the state of Texas

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • google legal forms for the state of texas, and that should give you some options, but ya know even if he terminates his rights he still is obligated to pay child support

    Answer by hautemama83 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • i highly doubt that in any state you can terminate rights online. it has to be approved by a judge. in arkansas there has to be an adoption in place in most cases before it will be approved.lots of sticky tap and guidelines.also the ncp does not have to be obligated to pay child support it's all according to the language in the order.i don't know if money is an issue but regardless you need a lawyer to make it legit. good luck to you!

    Answer by maemaesmom at 8:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • acknowledgement and agreement by parent of termination of parental rights< thats the form you are looking for. You will have to pay to download it online though. Most sites have you pay for the download if you get it online.

    above is a good link to the Texas form.

    Answer by smnice at 8:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • i know all about how he no longer has to pay support, and how if he still owes back support he will still have to pay that. my hubby is looking to adopt my daughter after her dad signs the paperwork
    thanks for all the help

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • In the state of Texas there is a Bastard Law. Which means you can not sign over your rights unless there is someone willing to step in for you. We just went through that with my husband and a child that we didn't learn about until the child was 6 yo.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.