Any other moms out there on bedrest?

It's day 7 for me and I feel like I've done everything, so any other moms out there who've been through this or who are going through this now who would like to chat? Or could just give me any tips on not so much the things that you can do on bedrest but just how to survive it! I know it's necessary I do but it's still hard.

tripletmomtobe

Asked by tripletmomtobe at 8:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ive been through that. OMG it was the worst. Hopefully you have really good friends and family near (cause i didn't). I watched a bunch of tv/movies, read a lot of books and did a bunch of Sudoko. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.
    Good Luck
    Kristin
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 8:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm on it too! It stinks. I have a herniated disk and toxemia. I am due soon though, so hopefully they will either induce me or I'll go on my own sometime soon. Its hard because I'm on my own all day with a 3 year old and I still have to do the grocery shopping and as much housework as I can manage (SO lives out of state for work). I have wireless and a laptop so I can lay on the couch and play games online with my daughter...lol...great parenting right!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was on bedrest for a few weeks with my daughter. I was bored out of my mind! But I had two best friends who were also pregnant and they hung out with me a lot. One of them kidnapped me to go out for ice cream! How sweet! Try to get all the rest you can....you'll need it soon enough! Good Luck!!!
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I havent been put on bed rest but I feel like I have. I cant get up for anything. Everytime I do I get sick. I feel so helpless. I was told to just take it easy and I guess im taking it as easy as I can. The holidays really wore me out and ive been gettin sick up to 10 times each night since christmas....UGH does it suck!!! all I have is my computer on the couch with me and the crappy cable that never has anything on it.
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was on bed rest with both the kids, both at home and in the hospital. It sucks! My lap top was one thing that kept me sane. My husband got me started reading web comics, let me know if you want the links. I watched tons of TV and read a few books. I crocheted a blanket. I window shopped on line. I browsed the recipe sites on the internet and made a "recipe box" on my lap top of the ones I wanted to try. I IMed with friends and family who where too far away to visit me.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2008