Any ideas on how to speed things up

i was disappointed to find that i'm still only a fingertip wide and only have 11 days left til due date. i'm getting anxious and super tired of being pregnant. what can i do to speed things up. it's to hot to walk here in arizona. i mean it's 109 degrees out right now and it doesn't get much better at night. sex just hurts and i have been grooming and lifting dogs unto tables or baths hoping that my hard work alone is helping me get there sooner.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• bouncing on a fitness ball, dancing, walking... you can ask your dr if he/she will strip your membranes for you.. of course, they won't do this unless your overdue but keep that in mind incase you end up going over! Good luck momma. I know the feeling! I'm 5 days overdue
    Preciaann

Answer by Preciaann at 8:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Black cohosh. Worked for me both times I used it. But I was 2 weeks overdue with each baby or I wouldn't have tried it. Wait till your due date. you're almost there!!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• You've only got 11 days till your due date! You'll be fine waiting :-) Baby will come out when he/she is ready!
    meganrst

Answer by meganrst at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• I never dilated at all until I went into labor, but my labor were all really quick. Nothing is going to help until baby is ready to come.

Answer by missanc at 10:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• My midwife recommended taking, and I did, Evening Primerose Oil, I found it at a local health food store. It's a natural herb that helps open and thin the cervix. My MIL swears by nipple stimulation to kick start labor, but my nipples were too sensitive to try that. It releases oxytocin that stimulates labor. Good Luck, unfortunately it's going to be a long 11 days probably,
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Walking.
    onlinejazzmom

Answer by onlinejazzmom at 12:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• congrats on being a mommy.. baby will come into this world when he/she is ready. whn i was pregnant with my son i had sex to get him here. of course he was week early. my lil girl was week late and had problems with her. just take it easy and baby will get here soon. if u try sex just becareful. if it hurts to much dont do it. take care.
    MAMAHAWK0609

Answer by MAMAHAWK0609 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• Walk, walk, walk. Since it's so hot, I suggest walking the mall. You can also pick up last minute cute items for the baby. :)
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:59 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• just relax mommy n let it all flow. the work might be cause ing the opposite to happen ya know
    young1990

Answer by young1990 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2011