Should I be angry/upset?

My so goes to the bars to shoot pool w/a few people from work every week. I want him to have friends but these guys cheat on their wives(one g/f actually goes with them) , and pretty much treat their families like dirt.So these are not the best people to be with. also i think every week is a little much, I see my friends too but I feel like my running around days are over and my place is not in the bars. He doesn't care that it bugs me and I am tired of trying to explain why it does. Am I wrong to think every week is too much w/these sleezeballs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Id be mad if my husband went out every week wit guys like that.. Id be mad if he went out every week period.. he has a family waiting for him to come home he should be home with you.. If it was every so often it would be different..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree that it is, but I don't see him changing. It must be fun to be around these people. The only thing I can think of would be if it were just as much fun to not be around them, I mean if you could have some other activity, plans, dates, something that would make him want to do this instead of being around those people.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My SO goes to the bar every wednesday night for $1 beer night... and for the most part i dont really care but at times there is this one friend of his there that i HATE and I really dont understand y anyone would want to hang out with him in the first place and would rather my SO did not!! but you just have to trust that he is being a good boy i guess!! good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm not worrying about him cheating,I worry because we don't have any money adn that he wants to hang out w/people that are jerks. It makes me wonder if he thinks it's ok how they treat their families kwim? as for fun here-we have alot of fun nights but I cannot turn our house into a bar, or like a bar. like I said once in awhile is fine-I just think he needs to grow up and pick, family man w/good frineds or pretend single guy who goes along w/the crowd.
    Anonymous

• I think that it is too much. I also think that he could become desensitized to cheating and mistreating ones family that he might eventually think it IS okay to act the same. If things were reversed, how would he feel if you went out with some girls who were shady and cheated on their husbands? Would he be okay with it? It is your life too, and you only have one round. Stand up for yourself and your marriage. Good luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• once a week is not too often to go out with friends, however the sleezeballs do concern me
    how are you presenting your feelings on the matter?are you saying "i don't like this because...." or are you saying "dont do this...." how you say something greatly affects how it is recived
    also ask him why he enjoys hanging out with these guys, maybe there are some redeaming qualities about them, and ask him how he feels about how they treat their families
    good luck
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• ty ladies for the input-for the record, I bend over backwards to treat this man like a king. I fight fair, I use "I "statements, even he knows these people are bad news and really have few redeeming qualities. I'm sick of questioning myselfI am aa good and worthy person and I don't have to be made to feel otherwise.-it's his choice to decide that he will do as he pleases,w/out regard to others'feelings. Now I have to make a choice, and right now, I think I am choosing to leave before I lose any more of ME.
    Anonymous