I already have a 2 year old son and think i might be pregnant......

i know that while im fine now i can neither emotionally or financialy take anymore children, but dont hink i can emotionally take giving up a child for adoption. what should i do and and who is there to talk to about this out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Adoption

• First thing.. you need to find out for sure. If you are pregnant, there are community pregnancy centers that you can contact. Can you talk to your parents, friends?? Personally, I think that sometimes it is always harder to talk to people that you know.. because judgement always interferes.. I will be more than willing to talk to you if you need someone.. without judgement. Best of luck to you!
    momma_duke

Answer by momma_duke at 12:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When I was 15 I put a child up for adoption, so I am here to talk to if you would like. However, I think you should find a pregnancy center or your local social services office can help with pregnancy tests and care and that type of thing as well. Good luck to you.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Thats tough. I think that you need to look into adoption..i would imagine that getting an abortion would be more emotionally difficult than adoption..at least to me. Good luck. I also have kids very close in age..its hard, there have been struggles..but i know that it is all worth it.
    Anonymous

• you and only you can decide this its all you.
    i could never give up my child or abort. and i can not give you advice you must do that and live with what you choose.
    i can say its a life!!!!!
    Anonymous

• there are places like birthright that are non judgemental and they will show you love and compassion . there number is 1-800-550-4900 God Bless
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would suggest finding a local crisis pregnancy center (not Planned Parenthood) in your area. They have counselors available to talk with you and they will help you talk about your options and then help you proceed if you want to keep the baby or find a couple for adoption.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 10:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Surrendering a baby for adoption can result in lifelong pain. A woman has to ask herself is she is willing and able to deal with this. You never "get over it" and in fact the pain for many exiled mothers is just as accute as losing a baby to death. 

The Trauma of Relinquishment

Adoption Trauma: The Damage To Mothers

Effects of Adoption on Mental Health of the Mother: What Professionals Knew and Didn't Tell Us.

Scarred By Adoption

Momzilla4

Answer by Momzilla4 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I know quite a few birthmothers. I don't know a single one who does not regret having to give up her child. That is not to say that they don't exist, but please talk to some women who have gone through the adoption process before you make up your mind.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I too have a 2 year old son and found myself pregnant again. My boyfriend and I have decided to place this baby up for adoption. For almost the same reasons that you are listing... If you ever need someone to talk to just send me a message and i'll help you in anyway i can.
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 9:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• As a mother who once relinquished a child to adoption, I cannot recommend the adoption option in most cases. The emotional cost is often too high for both mother and child. Many mothers who now relinquish babies have other children and feel unable to handle another, but once their babies are born they discover that they can and change their minds about adoption. There are many resources available to help ...you do not have to do it all alone. Plus, there is no shame in asking for help from friends or family as well. I have a group called Pregnant and Considering Options that might be helpful to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/26942
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2008