For medical professional that have seen patients

die, have experienced anything that would make you think there is an afterlife? Angels? Bright lights during the transition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, yes, and yes, bright lights-not the kind that blind, I am a geriatric nurse, I have seen so much.I believe in the afterlife.
    Anonymous

• I have been present at the death of my grandfather, a client, and several beloved family pets. I think the thing that most stuck with me was how clearly we are animated by a lifeforce while we are living and how instantly that departs once we are gone. I held my grandfather's hand while he died, and it was so apparent that one moment it was a living being and the next moment it was an empty shell. I held one of my pets in my hands when she was euthanized and it was the same thing... you could tell when her body was empty, when her animating energy was gone. I don't necessarily believe in an unchanging soul, but I do believe that our energy continues on in some way... being present at deaths has really impressed upon me how something vital so clearly 'moves on' from the body at the time of death.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008