Lonely

I used to have tons of friends when I was in school and working and when I found out I was pregnant everyone seemed to ditch me. Really close friends no longer wanted to talk to me and it really hurt me. Did that happen to anyone else or is it just me?? Now I have the baby (who I love so much) and no friends...any suggestions on where to meet other moms in my area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Trust me hun you are not alone..... after you get in a relationship and have a little one your friends fall off the face of the earth!! I moved to a new area about a year ago and really dont have any close friends and i got on here joined group after group posted post after post for people in my area and nothing i got a few responses but everyone seems to not want to leave the kids and hubby for a night but then when i think about it i really dont want to leave mine either even though i know it would be good for me!! But i feel ya and it happens to ALOT of moms i think alot of us are really really lonley!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I feel ya. I have one friend that I see sometimes. I never have anyone to hang out witrh because noone wants to hang out with someone who has a baby. I wish I could find some ppl too!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 8:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sorry your friends are shallow. Join a Moms' club and meet new people that are family oriented. Look in your local parenting paper if there is one in your area for club meeting dates.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 8:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Good luck and hope you meet some new friends soon. :)
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 8:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• you could start stalking the local daycares...j/k
    ask some moms here on CM if any live in your area
    there is a really awesom group (not online, in person) called MOPS - mothers of pre-schoolers, for any mom whose kids are younger than kindergarten, try googleing them
    you meet once a week and do fun crafts, and they have day-care on-site for the hour or two of the group meeting
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Babies R Us...j/k. You could start a group on here or see if you can find other moms on here that live in the same city as you do.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• you could go to the MOMS tab and do a search for cafemom moms in your area

Answer by admckenzie at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• YOur not alone. I got 1 friend left. I have others on myspace from school but we never hang out since iam always busy with the kids. I would search moms in your area.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 9:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008