Is this a stupid New Years resolution?

I have a plan on writing a note or a card asking for forgiveness, to everyone past and present in my life, that I have done anything wrong to... it doesn't matter how old the event is, I just want it off my shoulders so i feel better.

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• nah, it's a great thing. Make sure you forgive those that have wronged you as well and girlie, you are golden!!!
    we2angels

Answer by we2angels at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• No I think this is quite an admirable resolution. I am quite sure that I would not have the bravery to do this since there are things that I would not want to admit to, to myself more than anyone. I wish you all the luck in the world with this endeavour!
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 8:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• That is sweeet. Do you have a lot of writing to do?
    Anonymous

• I do have a few people to write to. Not alot though.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• that is a great new years resolution! I might do the same thing!
    Anonymous

• no ? have you ever heard of yom kipur? its a jewish holiday and yor resolution is similar! minus the fasting for 24 hours and praying but you get it right?
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am Jewish, yes, I do know what Yom Kippur is.:)
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I think that's a great idea!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't think it's dumb at all. But I do think it's unnecissary,

What are you going to do or how are you going to feel if you don't accomplish it? What if you forget one until next year? What will be the point then? Being contrite and feeling remorse is the most important thing. Working hard to not do those types of behaviors again is the next step. Setting an example of the kind of person you want to be....asking your God for forgiveness is important, even though he knows your heart.

It might mean a lot to some people that you took the time. But there will be people who don't give a crap or still want to hold a grudge. Don't let that get you down.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008