Moving in.

Ok I have a two year old and three month old I want to move the three month old in to the same room as my two year old but I am afraid that my two year old might not leave my three month old be. The two of them get along great but my two year old likes to try and pick up my three month old. Any suggestion on how to make the big move??

maggie9695

Asked by maggie9695 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• As long as the 3 month old is in the crib then your 2 year old wouldn't be able to pick him up. I'd probably put the baby to sleep first and then put the toddler to sleep after that so they weren't both trying to fall asleep at the same time.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I forgot to put in that my son can climb into the crib.
    maggie9695

Answer by maggie9695 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have a friend who had this super cool monitor. I don't know how much they cost but she had this monitor that actually had live video feed so she could check in with them without actually having to open the door every few seconds. Perhaps something like that might be a good investment. Also just continuing to education your toddler on how gentle he needs to be, how careful, and how fragile a newborn is. Pump him up - your a big boy and the baby is very small and needs your help and you can help by not going into his crib - you can hurt him. Praise your big man every time he does something careful around the baby. Praise goes further than catching him doing things wrong.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Honestly, with him being able to crawl into the crib, I wouldn't do it yet. Too many things could go wrong very quickly. And a 3 month old doesn't really have the know how to get out of the way.
    I like what frogdog said about encouraging acceptable behaviors toward the infant...get that down first.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008