Five days late, and a negative pregnancy test??

So I was on the pill, and my bf and I normally use condoms anyways on top of me taking the pill just to be extra cautious...
I ran out of the pills with hormones in them five days ago, and still have not started my period. I took a pregnancy test a few hours ago, and it came up negative.
I have many signs of being pregnant, but not sure if its just my imagination. I just know something is not right. I am scared to take my fibromyalgia pills for fear if I am pregnant they will hurt the baby. I don't know whether to start another pack of pills or not too...
And also, it is possible to get a negative and still be pregnant right??

Mummyofone

Asked by Mummyofone at 9:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• yep, its definitely possible to get a negative and still be pregnant... i had 3 negative tests with my daughter and she's 6 months now... if you don't start in another couple days, then either retest or get a blood test... are your fibromyalgia pills for pain?
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 9:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My fibromyalgia pills are Lodine, and Lyrica. and yes, htey are for pain. It basically blocks the pain sensors so I can actually work without coming home in tears and my muscles in knots. They do work, but I haven't taken them in four days because I don't want to cause damage to my child if I am. My boyfriend feels bad that I am not aking them...
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 9:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I also wondered if I should start my next pack of birth control?
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 9:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• sometmes with the pill you can completely skip your period. i wouldn't be too worried about it. if you are call your dr in the morning and expalin whats going on and see what they say
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I did a poll on this a couple months back and 40% on here answered they got Negative tests AFTER their expected period but were still pregnant. I was two weeks late and still had negative tests, had to go the dr and it was confirmed that I was 6 weeks along...
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I just read you were wondering about your next pack of birth control - call your dr. Birth control pills are typically not harmful to an embryo as far as I know but I am no docotor.. be on the safe side though, if this is not typical to be so late get a test at the dr.'s office.
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Stress can also lead to late or even completely missed periods. If you are worried about starting your next pack of BC then I would call the dr. and just stay away from sex to be on the safe side until you can know for sure. Check the side effects and label warnings on your meds to see if it says anything about it causing birth defects, if it does they must list it on the warnings. If it does then consult your dr. I bet they'll tell you its okay. You shouldn't suffer in pain if you don't have to.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 11:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I got my period last night at work. Not prego. And its such a relief!
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 6:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2008