When you ask for advice...

Do you already know what you want to hear? Or do you value the opinion of others even when it is something you don't want to hear?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 9:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I think that the majority who post have in mind what they want to hear and that's why they post...for us to prove them right:) I do, however, think that there are women who truly want honest and direct criticism. My biggest issue is when a woman posts a question asking for advice and then gets angry when others don't give her the advice that she was looking for. I feel like, why bother even asking?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I want to hear their opinion. Whether or not I value it is up to the spirit in which their opinion is given. Some ppl are not exactly kind in their responses. Some don't take the questions seriously. There are a lot of variables but I personally wouldn't ask the question if I didn't want the thoughts and feedback from others

Answer by admckenzie at 9:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I like people to be honest with me, brutally even is fine. I like to know the truth, even if it hurts. I think there is always something to learn, even from bad advice :) There are times when there are certain things that I want to hear- but usually I select people to give me advice knowing that they wont just appease me...

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When I ask for opinions/advice...I'm looking for something other than what I would normally do or try. When I give my opinion I'm honest but I speak from my experiences. I try not to force my beliefs onto other people. I dont think its right to judge moms asking for help.
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't ask if I don't want to know. Even when it's not something I want to hear. It may put things into a new perspective for me, and help with the situation.

debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 9:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• So...what prompted your question? hee hee...
    wifefirst

Answer by wifefirst at 10:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I agree with MICRESPO. A lot of women ask questions to hear what others have to say, whether or not their decision is already made in their mind. Sometimes they may have made up their mind but when others don't agree with what they want to hear they get all bent out of shape.
    girlletmetellu

Answer by girlletmetellu at 10:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I only post a question when I seriously want other people's opinions.
    That is why I post so few of them...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2008