Who do you look up to?

As a mom and any other position you hold as a woman (daughter, wife, sister, etc)- Who's your role model? Real or imagined? Who do you immulate or hope to live up to?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 9:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my SO's mom she is such a strong woman

Anonymous

• Cinderella
    Anonymous

• Real person--my mother
    TV mom--Claire Huxtable
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My Mom. She was on drugs, drinking, smoking, doing just about everything she should have been doing until she got pregnant with me. She quit cold turkey. All of it. She did everything she could to make sure I was healthy.
    My Bio-dad was an abusive SOB, and she left his ass high and dry. (Literally high and dry because she waited until he was too high to do anything, and dumped all his booze out.)
    She's my hero, flat out. She straightened herself out, stayed clean, got a job, and was one hell of a Mom. She's my best friend.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 9:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Honestly? Nobody. I've been let down so many times by those I thought were role models that I look only to myself.
    wifefirst

Answer by wifefirst at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I actually look up to my next door neighbors. I would love to be as successful as one of them with the progress that she has made in her life and I would love to be like the mom of 6 boys next door to me. I don't know how she does it but she is the bestfriend to all 6 boys. They can talk to her about anything.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't have anyone to look up to as a role model, but I keep my mother in mind during my parenting and in my memories with my children. She would have made a fantastic grandmother to them.
    She died suddenly when I was 11 so I never got to know her as a person like most adult children get to know their parents when they grow up. I'm hoping I'm raising my girls correctly because I don't have any examples to compare my parenting styles to.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008