I believe i should have my baby circumsised if its a boy, is this cruel?

young1990

Asked by young1990 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Some will tell you that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• It is a personal decision. Some will tell you it is horrible, others will tell you it is no big deal. You do what you feel is right for your child.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• This decision is completely yours, unless it's a medical problem.
    I personally think it will be cleaner and easier for your son if he is circumcised. Plus, if it's done as an infant, he WON'T Remember any pain from it and he will recover quickly.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• popcorn

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• Depends who you ask. Expect that some people on here are going to get quite nasty if you leave this question open. Opinions will vary.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• Just do your own research and make a decision. I have three boys, all circumcised, but have decided not to circumcise in the future.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I let dh decide for our son. He got it done, I felt bad for our little man but it was not as bad as I thought. After a week or so it required no extra cleaning and he never acted like it hurt.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• Its a personal choice, do you KNOW how to take care of a natural baby? Does you SO know how to take care of a natural boy? My friend had her son left natural and they are getting him circumcised at age 7 because of infections.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I agree this is your child your choice, your going to hear horror stories about both! I think if you are on the fence talk to your future pedatrician and see what they have to say on the matter.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• It is your choice, but keep in mind that a circumcision is much easier on a newborn than on an older child. My son had an emergency circumcision done at 4 years old because his foreskin was closing. I wanted him circumcised at birth, but for several reasons, it wasn't possible. I was going to leave him alone but then he started experiencing real problems. I would get it done immediately if I were to have another son.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2011