Out of wedlock children/savable?

Can children born out of wedlock be "saved?" Are sins of the parents passed onto their children in this way? I'm not trying to condemn these children, I'm one myself & worry about this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, children out of wedlock are {savable}: EVERYONE ON EARTH is savable if they believe in Christ Jesus. If you claim Christ as your Savior, you are {under the blood} and God recognizes you as a legitimate heir with the Son - saved, sealed, and deliverable directly into His presence under the blood, where you can approach Him boldly with your prayers and concerns.

The "illegitimate children" most spoken of in Scripture are false {christians} who do not know God - in any sense; they are just using him.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 3:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We aren't held accountable for the sins of others, only for those we commit ourselves.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sin is already passed down to us from Adam and Eve.

Anyone who believes in Jesus and believes he died for our sins and rose again 3 days later and accepts him into their heart is "savable".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yes, children born out of wedlock can be saved, as long as they ask for repentence for their own sins---no, sins of the father/mother are not passed down to the children...everyone is responsible for him/herself. likewise, if your parent were the holiest, most devout believer...if you did not repent for yourself, you would not be saved. (according to christian theology/doctrine/practice) salvation isn't graded on a curve..its every man or woman for him/herself. its a personal choice/free will of the individual.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• This is kinda ot, but what about Job's kids? They, along with all of his servants, were killed to test him. That's being punished by/for him, and I think I've read that out of wedlock children are "lost causes," loosely translated of course. If I can find the verse I'm talking about I'll add it, but I'm sorry, because I don't have it right now. I really do hope I'm mistaken though, because that would be a lot of unsaved people :( Thanks so far for keeping it nice & realizing I'm actually trying to learn & not put anybody down :)
    Anonymous

• Deuteronomy 23:2, "The child begotten out of wedlock or incest shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."

Here it is. Does that mean they are denied access to Heaven or just snubbed by the church back then?
    Anonymous

• job's kids weren't killed by or for him. God allowed satan to bring on all these 'tests' because it was questioned whether God had a man who would be truly faithful to the end. even job's wife suggested he curse God and die, for she saw all the bad as coming from God. however, he did not. (if i'm remembering correctly)..and he was blessed again,(wealth/health) as long as he lived, for remaining faithful. what about the kids, why allow them to die-didn't that hurt job? of course...idk..one of those ? that might come up in heaven one day, along with other 'why' ?s. i'm gonna look up your ? about 'lost causes', because i don't think there is scripture to support that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• thanks, that was helpful..i'm sure it was just one of those silly, sacrificial 'rules' they lived by before the True Sacrifice came alone. (jesus) they had all sorts of rules in the OT. for instance, common people could not enter certain parts of the temples, just high priests. after Christ came, 'the old law/temple was destroyed'. jesus said, 'i will destroy this temple, and rebuild it in three days.' (very loosely paraphrased). he was speaking figuratively of his own death and resurrection. 'no one comes to the Father but by me', he said. in the OT, you had to live by the rules handed down by the high priests, sacrifice certain animals at certain times of the year, in certain fashion..etc. after the crucifixion/NT, all you had to do was 'believe and you will be saved.'
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We are now under the dispensation of Grace. Jesus came as the last sacrifice, his blood has covers the sins of your parents, and yours. You now are able to come boldy to the throne of Grace for yourself to obtain mercy.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Thanks for the extra info ladies. This is something that my SO and I debated a lot while I was pregnant. Because we conceived out of wedlock. We decided to not get married because of the baby. He is very Christian and truly believes that our DD will be punished for our sins. I don't believe that to be true. So thank you again for this info.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008