Does your child do this? Sucking on bottom lip...

So, my little guy who is 13 1/2 months used to use a pacifier off and on when he was much younger, and he kinda self weaned off of that, but just recently I started decreasing how often he breastfed and because I did, he self weaned off of breastfeeding. So, when I decreased feedings he started sucking on his bottom lip. He sucks the whole thing in (making him look bucktoothed lol) and sucks on it like a pacifier! He falls to sleep sucking on it and everything. I'm not sure what I should do....just keep pulling it out? It's one thing to have a pacifier that I can take away, but I can't take away his bottom lip!!! lol Oh, and I have tried giving him a pacifier, and all he does is chew on it...I figured if I could get him re-hooked onto a pacifier it would be easier to kick the habit, because it's not attached to him!

CaliBlondeGirl

Asked by CaliBlondeGirl at 9:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, but my neighbor's 3 year old daughter does and she always has a chapped chin
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 9:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• My 4 month old does that.
    FLmommy0204

Answer by FLmommy0204 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2011