Hello this is my first baby and I wanted to know after you guys had your baby how long did you bleed and once you stopped bleeding from delivery how long was it before you got your next menstrual cycle?

Bleeding and Menstrual Cycles after childbirth.

slimliness

Asked by slimliness at 12:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i bled for about 3 weeks both times. And i had my period 6 weeks after that.
    mybabygirlz

Answer by mybabygirlz at 12:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I bled for 4-5 weeks, but had darker discharge up to 6 weeks. I got my period about a month after I weaned from breastfeeding.
    Loveplusmama

Answer by Loveplusmama at 12:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had my son at the end of April 06. I bled for 4 weeks through May and got my first period at the end of June.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I only bled like 4 days, but it was fierce bleeding, then really light spotting for about 5 days. Then my period came back around 9 weeks after she was born.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I bleed for 5 weeks and it was 9 weeks before i started!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I bled for about 6 weeks. Then I didn't have my period for months because I was breastfeeding. Once he started eating more solid foods (and nursing less) I started back with regular periods. That was around 10 months. But they are painless now, love it!
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 4:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• about a month most of which was heavy bleeding and cramping.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had heavy bleeding for about a week. The bleeding slowed down and then continued for about another 2 weeks. My son is 5 months old now and I have not started my menstrual cycle. I still am giving him breastmilk.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had heavy bleeding for about two weeks, and then light bleeding for another two weeks. I had my first period about 7 months after I gave birth, about the same time my daughter started trying solids (she was exclusively breastfed before that).
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2008