This question is for moms who took a long time TTC with their first and had a second child.

Did it take you a shorter amount of time to have the second one? It took me 2 1/2 years for our first and I'm wondering if we should start sooner than later for our second. I know all people are different, but I'm just wondering how long it took for you second?

Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• it only took me a couple months for the second one first one i wasnt try but was happy just the same hope that helps also get if you had a lot of trouble get on the pill then stop it made more fertile
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have 4 children. My first child was a lengthy process. Not as long as yours, but in excess of 12 months. I wasn't having regular periods. I wasn't even having periods sometimes. I was prescribed provera, to start a period, and then clomid to be fertile. Anyway, shortly thereafter, I was pregnant with my first son. Then, I went to the dr, assuming I would need a little help again. So, he checked me out, and prescribed clomid again. I never needed the clomid, I was pregnant quickly! Then, almost the minute I thought about a third baby, I was pregnant! So, two boys, then my princess, I thought I was done. I lost 30 lbs and we discussed my husband having a vasectomy and bingo! Baby #4... You may have difficulty getting pregnant, and you may not. Best bet is to tell your doctor what you are trying to accomplish and get the dr support. Start your prenatal vitamins and I strongly believe it will be soon!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I took me 6 months for my first one and we have been trying for # 2 since July. I got pregnant in August and lost the baby in September. So we are still trying.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• For my first children (twins), we had TTC 6 months. I was over 35, so we were sent to a fertility specialist. After 2+ years of infertility treatment, we conceived our babies via IVF. I breastfed for 8 months. Six months after I stopped BF, I was pregnant!! Talk about surprise!
    Anonymous

• I actually got pregnant with my 1st (my oldest son) right away (and had gotten pregnant right away before him, but lost the baby).

But then it took 21 months ttc to get pregnant with my 2nd (my daughter).

We started ttc a 3rd (my youngest son) when my 2nd was 8 months old and it happened 2 days into trying. Go figure!?!

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008