how can i potty train my 3 and 2 year old help..

Lisa5535

Asked by Lisa5535 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ok..here's the truth..until there r ready they won't do it..forcing them won't help I have learned from experience my son didn't start going potty til he was almost 4...however I did use 2 take my son 2 the potty about every hour to 2 hours and he picked up shortly after
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 9:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When my daughter started I tried everything the pull ups, the baby potty, candy, you name it. The only thing that worked for me was giving her underwear and dealing with the mess when it happened. Then she realized it wasn't as fun to go in her underwear as it was in a daiper. good luck.
    CowgirlCutter

Answer by CowgirlCutter at 1:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i bought my kids potty videos..they liked elmo so i bought them elmo's potty time videos..my older daughter really picked up on it, but i also had to just force her to wear panties and she did get in trouble if she peed her panties..some say thats a harsh way to go, but it worked with mine.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• boy, or girls?
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 2:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• as long as we are home my twins go "bottomless" b/c they just go in their underware.
    NicknConnersmom

Answer by NicknConnersmom at 2:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Check out Toddler Buzz today -- one of our CafeMoms is starting the 3 Day Potty Training Method today, and I'm going to follow her through the week to see if it really works!

Happy New Year,

Cynthia
    Cafe Cynthia

Answer by Cafe Cynthia at 9:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i waited until my son was developmentally ready. He was a little over 3That is the key. It took him one day to potty train Only 3 accidents in 4 months. He even gets up in the night to go most of the time. there was no struggle because he was ready. my in-laws are still potty training their 2yr. old and have been for 7 months.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Well I think you kinda wait until their ready, in most cases. My 22 month old is completley potty trained, doesn't even wear a diaper to bed at night, and wakes us up to go. He's not even 2!!!! He is my youngest of five and my other kid's were all different ages. He just showed interest because all his other siblings were doing it and so I went a long with it. But the key I think is to be consistent, no matter how inconvienient it may be, take them when they have to go. People say your not supposed to reward with food but I give mine 2 mini m&m's and they love it.
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 4:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008