Why do people feel the need to post their age?

I have to wonder why people feel the need to mention that they are such a "young mom". Do they not know that any brainless person can have a baby. Any girl who had gotten her period can have a baby. Do they not know they are not the first, nor will they be the last? Who cares what you age is and I seriously doubt people look at you funny.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i wonder this as well... and it also bothers me when people say "im an older mom"....

AND?? your POINT???!!!?

age has nothing to do with smarts.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• off the point but there has been prrof of at least nine pregnancies in recent yrs to girls 11 and 12 getting pregnant without having had their first period
    Anonymous

• what the hell are you people talkin about?
    Anonymous

• anon 952 are you jodi? lol

and i agree with this. :) i wonder the same thing. WHO CARES. i'm a proud young momma :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Why do you have such a problem with people posting their age? If it's not you why are you concerned about it? stop reading their questions if it bothers you that much and oh look if you do that, problem solved.
    Anonymous

• ok there krazyash, you just completely did what the question is talking about. Announcing the fact that you're a young mother.
    Anonymous

• the way i took the question was all the young moms on here that are saying oh i'm a young mom and people look at me differently. my point was saying who cares i'm proud to be one i don't care how people look at me... i was assuming this was coming from the prev. question. didn't mean anything by it so put your claws back in
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• JODI I FOUND US ANOTHER ONE TO ADD ON OUR LIST
    krazyash023

• as a young mom i know people do look at you weird. People are always giving me dirty looks and i have gotten nasty comments about the thing i do with my son, for example i breastfeed yes but he also gets cereal i asked a question about juice or something and one answer was very rude, it was something along the lines of why are you giving it to him at four months this is why kids shouldn't have kids.. its insulting just like this. I post that i am a young mom becuase i am and im proud im a great mom and proud of who i am and my age. i hope that helps you understand things a little better
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 10:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• because some people are proud of themselves and see no need to hide who they are. there is a certain stigma that comes with being a younger or older mom. there are stereotypes that come with it. maybe they are just saying 'this is who i am'
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008