can u get pregnant right after having a baby if u use the pull out method? i know ur very fertal or how ever u spell it but is it still possible.

i just had a baby 5 weeks agao we have been having sex since he was 2 weeks but with condoms this time hubby didnt use one is it possible i could get pregnant if so would my dr be able to tell me when i go in monday for my post partum

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could mos definetly get pregnant.. and I suppose if it's been long enough your Dr. could tell you. Thats how my sister in law got pregnant with # 3 right after #2
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• YES you can get pregnant even with the pull out method and your dr can do a blood test if he thinks it's necessary.congrats on your newborn!
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 10:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• would my hcg level be gone from my preiouse pregnancy yet?
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i dont know how my question got put on here 2 times sorry
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• That's how I got pregnant now! This is my third kid and I just had a baby. She's almost 5 months old, but it was only a matter of time and we were using protection! ugh...
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 10:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I heard that hcg levels go away by a couple weeks to a month, but never longer....don't quote me on this it's only what I heard.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 10:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• well..2 things...#1 my daughters birthdays are 10 days apart..my 2nd was born 10 days before my 1st daughters 1st birthday..i was having sex since she was 2 weeks old.. and #2 as long as youre having sex, you can get pregnant.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yep. You don't have to have had a period to get pregnant (since periods come AFTER ovulation...if they come).
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• The pullout method is the "how to get pregnant quickly" method. **smile** Yes, you CAN get pregnant again. Especially if you're not breastfeeding, which suppresses ovulation.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• The pullout method IS NOT RELIABLE...so yes you can get pregnant. No, your doctor would not be able to tell if you were pregnant again or not. It takes 6 weeks for HCG levels to fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008